...and a mistake with an announcement
- Created by Holger Späing
Other new items from Märklin were delivered in August:
- Class 85 steam locomotive from the bronze casting edition (item no. 88932),
- DB standard luggage car Pwi-30 in bottle green and without DB emblem (87521),
- theme pack "coal loading" with excavator Fuchs 300 (82337),
- DR three-piece freight car set (82268) and the
- SNCF sliding tarpaulin wagon pack (82427).
The arrival of the class 220 in purple livery (88206) for Era IV, on the other hand, arouses mixed feelings. Despite impeccable paintwork and fine printing, Märklin has once again failed to correctly provide a locomotive from the KM construction lot with the typical, more pointed decorative lines on the front. We had already pointed out this possible source of error to the manufacturer when announcing the novelty, which is why we do not want to let them get away with this mistake: With due diligence, it would have been possible to deliver a correctly designed model to the customer without additional costs.
- Insider Annual Car 2021 ready for collection
- On our own account